August 2021 – New Job Opportunity
A fantastic new opportunity for a results-driven ‘Sales Director’ to join an award-winning Retail Design & Communications Marketing Agency in Hertfordshire.
Reporting to the Group CEO and working alongside the Senior Leadership Team, the successful candidate would have already undertaken a Sales Director/Sales Manager/Sales Account Management role with an impressive portfolio of strategic business development and driving high revenues. This role will see you play a pivotal position and be part in the next phase of my client’s growth plans.
The Sales Director will be responsible for all aspects in the generation of new business and Business Development. Acting as the conduit between creative, client services and business partners, this hands-on role will be involved in helping form a new business strategy, a lead generation strategy, a contact strategy, as well as setting and attending prospect client meetings and creating relevant credentials presentations.
- This is an out and out “Hunter” business development role.
- Candidates must have a clear understanding of the type of role and love of the chase, inputting in every stage of the hunt from initial chemistry meetings through to handing over and bedding in clients.
- Demonstrable results & track record – essential
- Tenaciousness, perseverance, and a passion for closing the deal will be key character traits for this role.
- Determination to succeed must be matched with attention to detail, from tracking CRM prospects over time to submitting tenders correctly.
- Positive management of agency resources to achieve the required outputs will be essential.
- Given the range of services offered by candidates might be from successful TTL, BTL and Retail agencies or Marketing Implementation companies.
- Minimum 5 years sales and/or business development experience is required.
- Previous sales experience working for a marketing, retail or digital agency highly preferred.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills, with a high degree of responsiveness and ability to multitask.
- Energetic, positive, effective and empathetic, able to easily connect with people of different backgrounds.
- Ability to travel, work remotely and/or with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with C level in larger organizations
- The ideal candidate will have an impressive track record working for B2B or B2C marketing agencies with a strong background in Retail Design & Communications, In-Store Marketing and Brand Development.
The office is an easy commute by train from North London/Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire, or free on-site parking is available. This role offers flexibility to work from home and office.