A new opportunity for an experienced Communications Officer to join a global shipping company in the heart of the Docklands. Joining their European Head office, this role will see you build relationships with stakeholders, identify news and promotional opportunities across EUA offices.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- PR & Brand Management
- Improve the brand’s value in EUA region by standardising logo usage and making sure corporate guidelines are adhered to across EUA Region.
- Create and manage PR strategies
- Creation of Press releases and social media posts
- Editing of Customer advisories and Global Press releases
- Content management of the EUA website, ensuring publication of news stories, latest photos, promotion of services and correct up to date contact information for all offices
- Create and manage media database for press releases
- Circulate weekly press cuttings to senior management Assist in the development of social media and website.
- Global Magazine – Assist in the collation and editing of stories from EUA region
- EUA Magazine Editor – generating ideas for articles and features, look for and engage contributors from all business sectors across the EUA region. Working with external design agency for design/layout. Regularly assess stakeholder views of publication and monitor magazine success
- Project communications support, such as new letters, videos, workplace campaigns for CSR initiatives, IT development and HR
- Workplace – Promote and monitor levels of engagement of workplace EUA region.
- Run the EUA COMS Portal, checking and uploading content.
- Liaise with the BPIT e-coms team and relevant service providers on day-to-day digital issues
Skills, Qualifications and Expertise
- Knowledge of the shipping and logistics industry an advantage
- Qualifications in PR & Media advantageous but not essential
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree: minimum 2.1
- Excellent verbal and written English essential
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Excellent, planning and time management skills are required to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite of software.
- Competent Knowledge of G-Suite
- InDesign and Premier Pro working knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of Workplace platform desirable